时间: 2015年5月14日星期四晚上从7:30 到10:00.
• 事件的名称或主题: 那些能吸引你注意力的主意都非常欢迎；
• 推广: 我们需要1或者2个人设计一个传单和开发一个推广计划，包括公布这个信息到学校和网站；
• 装饰布置: 我们需要租用一些小的高的桌子和桌布。我们还需要人摆放酒杯，纸巾，水杯和桌上的装饰品；
• 食物: 奶酪，咸饼干，水果，蔬菜，巧克力。我们需要义工帮忙找到无偿捐赠或者有特别折扣的食物；
• 饮料: 葡萄酒，不含酒精的饮料，苏打水。我们需要义工帮助找到无偿捐赠或者有特别折扣的葡萄酒和饮料。当天晚上我们还需要找2-3个有Serving It Right 牌照的人来提供饮料酒水服务；
• 娱乐活动: 我们需要一个义工去找愿意并能在那天晚上提供音乐表演的学生。我们还需要一些额外的能帮忙发放餐前小食服务和提供会场布置会后清理服务的学生和一个能够配合这些学生的义工；
• 活动内容: 我们正在寻找一些义工为家长组织“破冰”活动。我们希望创建一个让所有家长感觉是被欢迎的活动，我们不愿意在所有出席的家长中设置任何障碍。基于这个原因，我们这次活动不售票，也不做募捐活动。当晚的酒吧为现金酒吧只求能够保本，但这一事件很大程度上依赖于捐赠的物品。我们希望有社区成员能够领导和联系这件事。
We have a date, a venue and a plan! What we need now are lots of volunteers to help us make this happen!
What: We are planning a wine and cheese evening with musical entertainment by Byng students.
When: Thursday, May 14th from 7:30pm to 10:00pm
Where: Byng Art Gallery
Why: Our goal is to create a fun and informal social event where all Byng parents can get to know each other.
Here is where we need volunteers to help:
- Name or theme for the event: Something that grabs your attention – ideas welcome!
- Promotion: We need one or two people to create a leaflet and develop a promotion plan including posting the information in the school and on the website.
- Decorations: We need to rent small high tables and table cloths. We also need to organize wine glasses, napkins, cups and table decorations.
- Food: Cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies, chocolate. We need some volunteers who would like to source donations or special deals on food.
- Drinks: Wine, soft drinks, sparkling water. We need volunteers who can source donations or special rates on wine and soft drinks. We are also looking for 2/3 volunteers who have a Serving It Right certificate and could serve beverages on the night.
- Entertainment: We need a volunteer to find students who would be willing and able to contribute to musical entertainment on the night. We are also looking for additional student volunteers to serve appetizers and help with set up/clean up and someone to coordinate those students.
- Activities: We are looking for volunteers to organize ice-breaking activities for the parents. We would like to create an event at which all parents feel welcome and we do not want to put any barriers in the way of attendance. For this reason we are not requiring tickets for the event and we are not making this a fund raiser. The bar will be a cash bar to recuperate costs but this event relies heavily on donations of the items needed. We are hoping that there are community member who have leads or connections.
I am hoping for lots of volunteers to make this event happen and I think the organizing will be a community building event in itself!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering and let me know what you would like to take on.
I really look forward to hearing from you!
Julia and the Parent Social organizing team
One of the goals of this year’s PAC has been to revise the existing Lord Byng PAC Constitution and Bylaws, in order to simplify them and bring them into line with other PAC bylaws.
We will be holding a question and answer session at the school on Wednesday, April 15 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in Room A 219, just west of the main office on the second floor.
Please take a few moments to review the proposed bylaws and join us if you have any questions. We hope to pass the new bylaws at our next PAC meeting on Wednesday, April 29 at 7:00 pm.
Please join us at the next Lord Byng Secondary School PAC meeting, Wednesday, February 25 at 7pm.
Please take a moment to review the agenda:
Parents! The next Grad Bottle Drive is coming up on Saturday, April 11th so please save all your bottles & cans over the next few months and bring them to the Byng parking lot (on Wallace, between 15th & 16th) between 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Please note we can accept BEVERAGE CONTAINERS ONLY (no food) and ABSOLUTELY NO DAIRY PRODUCTS.
We are very grateful to all those who have supported the bottle drives thus far. You have helped us raise almost $2500! We appreciate the continued support from the Byng community.
Thank you very much on behalf of all the 2015 grads and grad parents.