Market Poster Mar 7 14
CALLING ALL BYNG PARENTS AND STUDENTS!
Don’t forget to do your Spring Cleaning during March Break and donate your gently used items for our rummage sale tables at the Spring Byng Community Market. We are also looking for donations of new items for our Silent Auction.
Please Volunteer to help! We can still use many more volunteers between now and April 12, and on the day of April 12. If you have a few hours and can help do any of the following, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotions: Help design, print or deliver promotional flyers to the neighbours and businesses.
- Rent a Table: For $20, you can rent a table at the event to sell your own new or used items. (Tables are limited and first come-first serve)
- Sponsorship: We are looking for sponsorships for the event. There will be 1 Gold ($500), 2 Silver ($250 ea), and unlimited Bronze ($100) sponsorships available. If you have contacts with a local business that might wish to sponsor this event, let us know right away.
- Donations: If you can donate new items for our Silent Auction, email right away. Donations of gently used items for us to sell will be accepted from 3-7pm on Monday-Friday, April 7-11.
- Help Sort Donation Items: Sign up for a 2-hour shift April 7-11 (3-7pm) to help us sort and price the donated items for sale.
- Donate a Basket – we are hoping that individual classes will fill a basket with new items to add to our silent auction. Do you have a nice basket to donate that we can give to participating classrooms?
- Bake a Cake – for a cake raffle on April 12
If you know other ways to help, don’t hesitate to let us know. We would love to see the entire Byng Community get involved – parents and students alike!
All proceeds will be used to benefit and enhance student activities and learning at Byng.
Thank you from the Byng PAC Market Team!
Tonight will be the last PAC meeting to take place before Spring Break. Please bring a copy of the Agenda and Minutes that you will find at the below links.
Agenda PAC General Meeting 25 February 2014
PAC General Meeting Minutes 28 Jan 2014(DRAFT)
After a short PAC Meeting in the school library, beginning at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 28th, our Guest Speaker will be Patti Drobot speaking on “UNDERSTANDING OPPOSITIONALITY AND RESISTANCE IN TEENS“. Click on the following link for more information about the speaker and talk:
Patti Drobot Brochure
Please bring a copy of the Agenda and Attachments for the PAC Meeting:
Agenda PAC Gen Mtg 28 Jan 2014
PAC Gen Mtg Minutes 26 Nov 2013 (Draft)
Treasurer report-Jan 20 2014
Terry Small – How to Get Better Grades
Check back for more reports that may be posted before the meeting.
Don’t forget to bring your Chequebook and purchase Grocery Cards or other Gift Cards. Next deadline for purchasing is January 31st, for delivery in the first week of February. You can find the order form here:
Grocery : Gift Card Order Form
Purchase your tickets for this excellent presentation for parents and students on February 18 in the Auditorium. You can purchase tickets for $5.00 online at http://tinyurl.com/m6kh6cy.
For more information about the speaker and topic, see:
Terry Small – How to Get Better Grades
Lord Byng Department Heads will share information about their department, its work and its goals, in the context of the larger school goals of Student Learning and Aboriginal Cultural Enhancement. Our aim in this presentation is to build school community through the exchange of information and ideas, developing relationships, connecting around common goals and looking at the creation of a community focus to bring staff, parents and students together. Come to the meeting and join the conversation!
PLEASE REVIEW THE AGENDA AND ATTACHMENTS (Below) AND/OR BRING COPIES OF THE AGENDA AND ATTACHMENTS TO THE MEETING WITH YOU, preferably in digital format. Thanks for saving on printing!
Attachments for the PAC Meeting Agenda: