Happy Birthday, handsome!! 😀
Today, to celebrate your 33rd birthday, I compiled a list of 33 of my favourite things about you.
I love that…
1. You’re a geek and proud of it.
2. You love robots so much you run as “ROBOT” whenever you can have a personalized bib in races.
3. Wall-E is your favourite robot.
4. You have a big smile that lights up my world like a quasar.
5. Because of you, I know what a quasar is. See #1.
6. Animals gravitate toward you. Because that means I usually get to get in some floomphing myself.
7. You have the ability to sleep through anything. It means that I can pretty much make all the noise I want even after you go to bed without worrying that I’ll wake you up.
8. You are full of compassion and empathy.
9. You’re also full of endless patience. Especially when dealing with neurotic me.
10. #1, #8, and #9 make you an amazing, inspiring, and ever-evolving teacher.
11. You laugh heartily when listening to The Vinyl Cafe. I think it’s because you can often relate to “Dave” from the Dave and Morley stories.
12. You listened to the Vinyl Cafe as you guffawed your way through our first half marathon.
13. You can also get teary while listening to The Vinyl Cafe.
14. You love yogurt so much you once ate an entire 750g carton in one sitting.
15. You love peanut butter and jelly so much that you once made a peanut butter and jelly sushi roll.
16. You never attempted another peanut butter and jelly sushi roll again.
17. You embrace Chinese culture and its love of all food enough that you tried chicken feet.
18. You were honest and refused to eat chicken feet ever again.
19. You have a wonderful sense of adventure and interest in exploring the world around us.
20. After nearly dying due to a virus to the heart, all you could joke about was how your “man-rug” was in shambles after they ripped the electrodes off your chest.
21. You have a unique sense of humour and love of puns, which we all now call “Lentertainment”.
22. You give the best backrubs.
23. You are obsessive compulsive about perfectly aligned scrabble tiles on the board.
24. You are NOT obsessive compulsive about anything else.
25. Wait, you are also obsessive compulsive about well-designed websites and well-done photoshopping.
26. You have a booming voice. I think you may have missed your calling as an opera singer. Never too late, dear.
27. Your favourite line from all the Lord of the Rings movies is Gimli’s “And my axe!”
28. You can build a shed and change toilets. Competency, especially home improvement competency, excites me.
29. You love the Swiffer commercial where the lonely dustball guy hangs out between j and k on the keyboard, and spends all his nights at the spacebar, until the Swiffer duster picks him up. And when the song “What About Love” starts blasting, you grin and start dancing with all your might.
30. You do the best imitation of Tom Cruise running.
31. You are not afraid to be utterly silly. See nearly every point above.
32. You revel in the simple things in life, and are happiest when you are outdoors, breathing in the fresh air, drinking in the wondrous beauty of nature, and feeling glad to just be here.
33. You’re Len and you make the world a brighter, sillier, more loving place with your presence.
I’m so glad you were born!!
Love with all my heart,