About the Course
- Course Outline
- About the AP Exam
- Exam Countdown (by Andy Liang)
- Java Style Guide for this course.
- An excellent Java textbook, available in interactive format and as a PDF.
Unit 1. Java Basics
- Number Systems
- Compilers, Interpreters, and Java. (P. 15-20 in the textbook)
- Java and Math.
- Notes on variables, types, integer math, and Math operations.
- Download some example questions on integers and doubles.
- Making Decisions
- Practice Problems
- Download the practice assignment, which contains 4 complex problems to be solved in BlueJ. Due Monday October 23rd. GL HF!
- Rock, Paper, Scissors assignment description
- Unit 1 Review exercises for the unit test on Oct. 23rd!
Unit 2. Strings
- Do Coding Bat String-1 (all)
- Do Coding Bat String-2 (all)
- Do Coding Bat String-3 (all)
- Strings Practice Assignment ft. PPAP, Palindromes, Binary Conversion, and Pig Latin
- Strings Review
Unit 3. Arrays and ArrayLists
- Video Lesson
- Do Coding Bat Array1 (all questions) [Help Docs]
- Do Coding Bat Array2, first column.
- Choose one of: Do Array 2 (2nd and 3rd columns) or Array 3 (all)
- Watch this video about 2D Array fundamentals.
- Do the Rotten Potato 2D arrays assignmnet in BlueJ. Due next class.
- Chomp Project Files
- ArrayList Assignment
- Study Guide
- 10 Data Structures Questions
Unit 4. Object Oriented Design (Part 1)
- Unit Vocabulary List
- Our Fraction Assignment
- Our VocabList Class
- Video Tutorial 1: Where am I? Plus info on Instance Variables and a discussion on the compareTo() function
- Video Tutorial 3: examples of some of the accessor methods and how to test them.
- Video Tutorial 2: (mostly) how to do the constructors.
- Array Lists of Objects
- Reference solution for Fraction Class
- Reference solution for VocabList Class
- Review Questions, Answers
Unit 5. Algorithms
- Searching Algorithms
- Sequential Sort
- Binary Search
- Sorting Algorithms:
- Selection Sort
- Insertion Sort
- Recursion Review
- Algorithm Pros/Cons Review
Unit 6: Inheritence and Polymorphism
- Inheritence and Polymorphism Slides
- Example classes
- Video finishing the slideshow (April 11)
- A Review of Tricky Questions
- Old AP Compsci Free Response Questions and Answers
- Answers for old exams
- The AP Java Subset: This is a list of all the parts of Java that you will be tested on, and some useful reminders about what you will NOT be tested on.
- The Java subset document does not go into heavy detail, so I wrote this additional study guide to flesh it out.
- Read page xii in the Baron's Guide introduction for some good advice about writing the Multiple-Choice and Free-Response sections of the exam.